Thursday, June 2, 2016

Jeff Turns 35!

Yesterday was Jeff's 35th birthday! He was adamant that all he wanted was to go out for supper and a movie with the kids and I...so that's what we did!

We were hoping that he would be able to get off work a little early but that didn't pan out so the kids and I headed over to the south side to pick him up when he was finished work. 

(I wasn't feeling too hot but thought I would try and tough it out anyway...I ended up thankfully being ok by the time the movie rolled around!)

Jeff's pick for supper was Swiss Chalet for chicken and ribs. I got the 1/4 chicken breast dinner, Madi got mini hamburgers and Cole got chicken wings and perogies....he didn't like the wings too much as he found them a little spicy but Jeff was more than happy to step up to the plate and help him out. The kids each got special drinks and Jeff and I stuck to our usual...you'd kinda wonder whose birthday it REALLY was based on how much fun the kids were having but hey!

After dinner we went over to Cineplex for Jeff's movie choice: Captain America Civil War. We brought the kids with us but they were the only children in the theatre. This made me a little uneasy at first but I thought well, they've seen all the other Avengers movies sooooo....there were a  few parts I made Madison turn her head but other wise it was a pretty (older) kid friendly action movie and they really liked it. The big kid did too! 

When the movie was finished and Madison had her 3rd bathroom trip of the hour (tiny bladder on this one...) we drove down to the Smythe Street Tim Hortons to participate in Camp Day where the proceeds from all coffee purchases go towards sending underprivileged children to summer camp. My coffee was horrible, but at least it's for a good cause right??? The kids got braided camp bracelets too. 

All in all a good evening and a low key birthday which was just what Jeff wanted.


Happy Birthday, Jeffy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment