Friday, May 6, 2016

Kids Can Cook!

The cook in our house certainly isn't me...but every now and again I get it in my head that I probably should especially when I'm on my days off. But...ya know, being lazy sometimes wins out. It's a work in progress. Sometimes there's some blunders that make my husband laugh and sometimes I do something awesome and delicious. Sometimes we just make sure it's edible.

Today was one of those days where being lazy lost and I actually had an idea what I wanted to make for supper (meal planning! Gotta get on board with that) and Cole wanted to help. He's 11 so I figure he's old enough to be trusted with some chopping under adult supervision so we made supper together. 


No fingers were lost in the making of this photo

On the menu tonight we have roast turkey breast seasoned with sage, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper, carrots a la Cole and Cole's favorite...Stove Top stuffing. I swear this kid can eat a whole box himself!

Cole was excited to be helping out in the kitchen and asked if he can do it more often. Oddly enough he is much more enthusiastic about this task than cleaning his room. Go figure... 

Adventure is out there!
-The McDonnells

No comments:

Post a Comment